The BioFrac Fraction Collector is ideal for analytical and preparative chromatography applications; it’s easy to program and can be used for basic or complex fraction collection schemes at flow rates ≤100 ml/min. Available as a stand-alone fraction collector or as a component of the BioLogic DuoFlow™ and BioLogic™ LP Chromatography Systems, the BioFrac Fraction Collector offers flexibility with numerous collection rack options, including both custom and off-the-shelf collection racks.
The custom racks provide a wide range of collection capability, from drops to liters. Off-the-shelf racks extend the versatility of collection schemes and provide cost-effective storage of samples. Off-the-shelf racks are autoclavable, can be easily assembled, and lie flat, using little storage space.
Key features include:
• Collection in time or drop mode (or volume mode when connected to a BioLogic DuoFlow System, BioLogic LP System, or Econo Gradient Pump)
• Collection of peaks by peak detection, time windows (up to 20), or a combination of both
• Drop arm movement in an x, y motion over each collection vessel; column, row, or serpentine pattern option available for microplates or Titertube® Micro Test Tubes
• Dispenser arm that is manually adjustable to tube heights ≤150 mm
• Numerous off-the-shelf racks to accommodate tubes (12–20 mm diameter), Eppendorf or other microtubes (0.5, 1.5, or 2.0 ml), or scintillation vials
• Multirun feature that allows overlay of fractions
• Highly reliable, quiet, problem-free operation with minimal maintenance requirements
• Optional BioFrac Ice Bath/Microplate Rack with tube grips that hold tubes firmly in any position; ice bath rack allows cooling of 13 mm tubes or serves as a rack for microplates and tubes that adhere to SBS standards
• Optional BioFrac Prep-20 Preparative Rack with up to 20 collection ports for collection from bottles to carboys
• Optional microplate drophead kit for precise collection of small volumes into microplates