The ChemiDoc Imaging System provides fast, reliable, and sensitive imaging and documentation of gels and chemiluminescence western blots. This system is compatible with stain-free technology, chemiluminescence detection, and a wide range of gel stains such as ethidium bromide, SYPRO Ruby, Coomassie, and silver stains.
The ChemiDoc Imaging System can be upgraded to gain the full fluorescent western blotting capabilities of the ChemiDoc MP System. The upgrade package has an increased spectrum (RGB, far red, and near infrared), allowing multiplex fluorescence western blotting capability with minimal cross-talk between channels. Multiplex fluorescence allows detection of multiple antigens on the same blot, eliminating the need for stripping and reprobing.
The ChemiDoc™ V3 Western Workflow™ provides efficient, consistent electrophoresis and blotting with the ability to rapidly assess electrophoresis and blot transfer quality, and perform total protein normalization.
Features and Benefits
• All-in-one flexible imaging — get precise, reproducible chemiluminescence and colorimetric blot detection, analysis, and gel documentation in a single system
• Sample Trays and Smart Tray Technology™ — three sample trays available to cover diverse imaging applications. Smart Tray Technology automatically recognizes the application-specific trays and adjusts imaging parameters and software options accordingly
• Stain-free protein normalization — stain-free imaging permits the normalization of bands to total protein in both in gels and blots; eliminate the need for housekeeping proteins
• Ease of use — features include automatic selection of optimal light source by application, auto focus, auto exposure, and preview features ensure optimal images. Learn in minutes with on screen help
Applications and Uses
• Electrophoresis — protein, including stain-free, and nucleic acid gel imaging and documentation
• Blotting — identify and quantify proteins, nucleic acids, protein-ligand interactions, etc. with chemiluminescence, or colorimetric detection
• Internal computer with Image Lab™ Touch Software
• 12” touch screen display
• Image Lab Software to install on your computer
• Blot/UV/Stain-Free Sample Tray for Bio-Rad stain-free gels and blots, fluorescence multiplexing, chemiluminescence detection, ethidium bromide and SYPRO Ruby (12003028)
• Clarity™ (1705060) and Clarity Max™ (1705062) Western ECL Substrates; Precision Plus Protein™ All Blue Prestained (1610373) and Precision Plus Protein Unstained, Strep-tagged (1610363) Protein Standards